A History of Bold Accomplishments
As we embark upon our next strategic plan, you will see a consistent theme of bold, transformational objectives. Our organization is no stranger to making courageous moves, for the benefit of our community and those we serve.
- Three Alpine World Ski Championships hosted in 1989, 1999 and 2015.
- 1994 and 2001 World Mountain Bike Championships and several UCI Pro Road Cycling projects.
- 25 Years of the American Celebrity Ski Classic.
- Six Years of the Honda Session International Snowboard Invitational.
- VVF has organized and hosted Alpine World Cup Ski Races since 1981, including the annual Birds of Prey at Beaver Creek.
- Summer Mountain Games since 2009.
Arts, Culture and Entertainment
- Our diverse programming with international artists at our VPAC and GRFA place our community on par with the most cosmopolitan cities in the world.
- 25 Years of VVF’s AEI World Forum bringing the brightest minds and world business and political leaders together in Beaver Creek.
- We successfully operate two world class performing arts centers. The Vilar Performing Arts Center at Beaver Creek since 1998, and the Gerald R Ford Amphitheater at Vail since 1987. These venues are arguably two of the most important assets of our valley.
- Since 1987 we have owned and operated the world-renowned Vail Dance Festival.
- We operate the largest, most impactful afterschool and summer education nonprofit in the county, with more than 4,000 enrollments each year.
- Our Magic Bus program serving pre-k children is one of the longest standing, most impactful, early childhood programs in our community.
- Nearly 1,500 young adults have been able to realize their dreams of going to university or a trade school through our YouthPower365 Scholarship programs.
- Our continuum of programs from early childhood to career or college give every child, regardless of race, creed, color, or socio-economic status the chance to succeed.
- From 1981 to 2023, we have drawn millions of destination visitors to our community, generated tens of billions on global media impressions, and the aggregated direct local economic impact across all our events, programs, projects, and venues would be in the billions of dollars.
- We deliver when our community has great need or is in crisis. Our VVF Community Fund raised $1.6 million in 14 days and the distribution of these funds stabilized the lives of thousands in our valley who were hit hardest by the pandemic. We live in a childcare desert. VVF has stepped up and will be bringing online incremental and affordable childcare in the coming years.
- Critical land preservation with the Eagle River Preserve in Edwards.
- Since 1981, we have been, and remain instrumental in positioning our valley as a desirable world-wide destination.